These simple and sweet honey lollipops will not only taste good but will soothe a sore throat as well. For kids, it would be a good alternative to cough drop and adults can also use it as a sweetener/stirrer in a cup of hot tea. Monsoon has just begun; make them in advance and beat the sore throat. Let’s see how it can be prepared in no time.
Of course, most of those benefits will come from raw honey and this is cooked honey but still, as far as treats go this is a great option. These little lollipops are great for children that might be feeling ill or wrap these up and gift them to adults too. These lollipops are wonderful stirred into hot water or hot tea.
To make these little lollipops is really simple. Just heat the honey with a splash of water and sugar (or skip the sugar), pop into a lollipop mold, let cool and that is it!
You can add in some citrus zest if you like or maybe cinnamon- just depending on the flavor of honey you purchase. I found the cinnamon a little too strong with the honey I used but orange zest was absolutely perfect.
lollipop recipe | lollipop candy for sore throat
homemade honey lollipops with detailed photos and video recipes. simple and easy sweet confectionery prepared mainly with the dissolved sugar and flavored with honey. these translucent hard sugar candies can also be served to kids as cough syrup as it is mainly prepared with honey and sugar. in addition, these sugar lollies can easily be extended with other flavors using berries, or any fruit extract.
10 Minutes (Makes 15-20 lollipops)
1 cup – Sugar
1/3 cup – Navmi Honey
2 TBSP – Water
5 drops Lemon essential oil
Hard Lollipop/candy molds
- Place the sugar, honey, and water into a large pan.
- Over medium heat, stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, place the thermometer in your pan and allow the
- The mixture to reach a boil. Let it boil until it reaches 295 degrees. (If not using the thermometer, drip a bit of the mixture into ice water. If it forms a hard candy ball it is ready. If the ball is still soft, cook a few moments longer and repeat.)
- While you wait, prepare your candy molds by spraying them with non-stick spray and adding the lollipop sticks. Add sprinkles to the bottom of the mold if desired. Immediately after the candy reaches the hard crack stage, pour it into a heat-resistant measuring cup.
Note: The mixture will be extremely hot, be careful not to burn yourself.
- Add the lemon essential oil and stir.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your lollipop molds.
- Twist the lollipop sticks to make sure they are fully coated on the back of the mixture.
- Let the lollipops rest for at least 30 minutes before removing from the mold.
- Store in plastic wrap or air-tight decorative bags to prevent a mess.