Benjamin Franklin said, “If you have no honey in your pot, have some in your mouth.”
Honey is a valuable sweetener and a metaphor used for sweetness. Apart from being a sweetener, it has many benefits. But imagine what would happen if properties of neem are combined with honey. As most of us are well aware that neem has miraculous medicinal properties. Let us understand the benefits of neem honey and why it is getting widely popular and favored?
Neem honey comes from the neem tree, which is also called Indian Lilac. Neem tree belongs to the mahogany family and is native to India. It is also found in tropical and sub-tropical regions like Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
In fact, its benefits have been described in Ayurveda. Some of the documents like Caraka Smhita and Susruta lay the foundations of natural healing or Ayurveda in India. It is a successful botanical medical system now getting popular all over the world and recognizes the importance of both Neem to our health.
Let us also understand the importance of Neem for our skin:
- Neem leaves have Vitamin C in them and they combat blackheads, dull skin, fine lines, and pigmentation. Neem leaves have regenerative properties, which give a glow to the skin.
- Neem leaves are great natural skin toner, they can clear scars if they are used regularly.
- few leaves with water to make a fine paste and apply on your face. But always wash the leaves before you make a paste. And rinse off after 15 to 20 minutes. In fact, it would give better results if you add yogurt or lemon juice to it.
- If you have oily skin you can use neem paste to control the excessive production of oil. Neem leaves control sebum and it works as a great moisturizer for dry skin.
- When you add honey to neem paste it hydrates the skin from deep inside.
- Neem leaves act as an exfoliator, which clears dead skin cells to clean your skin and gives a natural glow. Neem also treats various skin infections including eczema and psoriasis.
About Neem Honey:
Raw neem honey is dark honey, which has a taste of rich natural dark toffee, gingerbread taste and has a distinctive taste of honey itself. Organic neem honey is kept raw and unheated. It preserves the natural and delicate enzymes that promote our health derived from flower essences collected from wild beehives.
- In Ayurveda, neem honey has an esteemed place as it treats blood pressure, diabetes, skin conditions, allergies, chronic sores, indolent ulcers, throat infections, etc.
- It also promotes the body and digestive health. Along with these health benefits, it’s a powerful antioxidant, balances sugar levels, calms the nerves, and strengthens the immune system.
- Neem honey is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal. It is extremely useful to treat respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis.
- Many people have had an amazing experience as their cold and flu gets stopped in the early stages itself by taking neem honey. It is a great antibiotic thus, is useful to treat cold and sore throat as it coats the throat and reduces irritation.
- For blocked sinuses mix a teaspoon of neem honey in a utensil or pot of hot water. Put a towel over your head and inhale the steam. This clears your throat and provides relief from sinus.
- Allergies can also be treated by neem honey. Take a spoon of raw neem honey a couple of times in a day a few months prior to allergy season. You can also have a teaspoon of honey before you go to sleep.
- To increase your immunity and boost energy levels take honey before breakfast. You can also eat it by applying it on bread or toast, wafers, nuts or cereals.
The focus of Navmi has always been to reach out to customers with natural and organic foods. All its products like coconut oil, flaxseed oil, ghee, A2 milk, different types of natural honey, jaggery, turmeric, etc are all chemical-free. We believe that unprocessed foods contain higher amounts of antioxidants, it reduces the risk of heart disease, cancers, and other health issues.
Visit our site (Nirlesh Foods Private Limited or Navmi) www.navmi.co.in to know more about nutritionally pure and unprocessed food. Make a conscious and healthy choice of foods.
Read Similar Article: